Tall, skinny, and with a look that makes people suspect that he's up to something, even though he probably isn't. Wears either tailored vests (in public) or faded concert and movie t-shirts (at home). Excellent bartender.
Legacy: Blank Badges
Order: Free Council
Mental Attributes: Intelligence 3, Wits 2, Resolve 3
Physical Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 2
Social Attributes: Presence 2, Manipulation 3, Composure 3
Mental Skills: Computer 2, Crafts 2, Investigation 3, Occult 2, Science (Forensics) 1
Physical Skills: Drive 1, Firearms (Pistols) 3
Social Skills: Empathy (Motives) 3, Persuasion 3, Socialize 2, Subterfuge 3
Merits: High Speech, Occultation 2, Resources 2, Sanctum (Shared) 1, Quick Draw, Combat Marksmanship 1, Hallow 1
Willpower: 6 Wisdom: 6
Virtue: Charity Vice: Pride
Initiative: 6 Defense: 2 Speed: 10 Health: 7
Arcana: Fate 1, Matter 1, Mind 4, Space 3
Rotes: Mind First Impression, Multi-tasking, Space Correspondence, Fate Interconnections, Sharpshooter’s Eye
You’ll never hear about Ferrous’ life before his Awakening, short of using the Mind arcanum or getting him spectacularly drunk. If asked, you’ll hear “I don’t want to talk about it”, or evasive comments about how gambling and alcohol can get you into trouble. If pressed about his Awakening, you’d be lucky to get anything more than vague muttering about torture and branding. In fact, though he can talk for hours on end (and will, if you don’t stop him), Ferrous very rarely has anything of substance to say. And the reason for this is simple: when he talks, people tend to tune him out, let him fade away so they don’t have to deal with him. Which is exactly where he wants to be, because it lets him do pretty much whatever he wants without anybody noticing or caring. It’s probably fortunate for everyone around him that, while his actual morals are fairly loose, he does have a strict set of personal standards. He assumes the best of people1, he’ll give anyone a second chance2, he’ll never lie to an ally3, he’ll always help a friend in need4, always keeps his word5, and engages in random acts of kindness6. And he definitely won’t use his Arcana for selfish reasons7.
1. Or vampires. Or werewolves. Or spirits. Pretty much anything bright enough to know when it’s doing something wrong.
2. Just one, though. If they waste that, it’s their own fault when they get what’s coming to them.
3. Technically. He may evade, prevaricate, mislead, or omit, but he’ll never actually lie.
4. And expects the same in return.
5. Good luck getting him to give it.
6. Nothing better than the warm self-satisfaction of helping out people who you’re better than.
7. Unless it concerns the safety of himself or others, advances the current mission, or to impress girls.